Sunday, April 18, 2010

Starting on the Journey to a Healthier Me

This is me in an (obviously) candid shot - pushing Gracie on a teeter totter. This is me at my highest weight. I have no posed pictures. Cameras are a thing of avoidance for me. Hopefully not for long!

I said I would never broadcast my weight to anyone. I have had several things trigger me lately to start on the road to a healthier me. It recently started when Gracie saw my wedding picture. She didn't recognize me and said that the girl in the picture was a princess. She could not understand that it as Mommy - a few pounds lighter (101 pounds lighter to be exact). Wow! I don't know how that happened to me. I live in a state of denial & find too much pleasure in fried fatty foods. Recently, I had to start wearing wrist braces at night because my hands are going numb. My knees have the beginning stages of arthritis.



So, now that I have had an awakening, I have decided to change things. My life changed on 3/29/10 when I decided to join Weight Watchers. As of 4/12/10, I have lost 11.6 pounds. I have started walking at least 4 times per week for 3 miles at a time. I really want to be more active and play with my kids. I have been known to sit in a chair while they play on their own. I don't want this to be the memory my children have of me. Ronnie has been the most supportive. He praises me for eating healthy & is trying to do much of the same! I have 2 friends that I met in small group. One friend is on the same point level as me and my other friend is almost at her goal. It's wonderful to have this support! I also have another friend who walks with me several times a week.



This is only the beginning. I plan to make a change. I am hoping to share my weight on this blog, but give me some time and courage to post it publicly. I'm still coming to terms with the numbers on the scale. Life isn't about a number. I want to move more and without pain. I want to embrace life & play with my children. I want to be a happier and better wife. Most of all, I want to love myself again. It's been a long time since I have and it's time for a change. This blog is for me. I don't know that anyone will ever read it, but I want a place to jot down how I'm feeling. I'm eating much healthier, moving & exercising more, and taking things one day at a time. My weigh-ins are on Monday afternoons. I will update my progress regularly.



One thing I do need to add - If I can do this, so can you! So can anyone who has struggled with their weight. My life has consisted of Yo-yo diets. This time WILL be different. Who wants to join me on this journey? We can do it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment