Saturday, November 20, 2010

Getting this Figured Out

One thing I've noticed lately is that everyone has advice to give me.  I do like positive feedback & advice WHEN I ASK for it, but what frustrates me is when I'm talking about my exercise program & someone tells me what would work better.  Of if I'm talking about my food intake, I hear what would be a better choice.  I totally understand people wanting to provide helpful information, but I am totally figuring this thing out.  I'm now down 82 pounds (yea!) and only have 9.4 more pounds to lose until I hit my goal.  I'm excited as I'm nearing the end of this first part & I'm doing it in a healthy way.  My husband is going to insulate our garage & we are going to convert it into a gym.  He's even letting me get cable in the garage!  Hey, it's still cheaper than a monthly gym membership & I can remove the box anytime with no contract!!!  Running on a treadmill while listening to my MP3 player and staring at a wall is BORING.  I find myself dreading workouts because it's torture to stare at the wall.  I'm also finding the frigid temps challenging because my garage is so daggone cold that I can't stand going in there to workout.  Can't wait until we get the garage completed & I have my own personal gym.  Advice to everyone, give advice when it's requested, but don't hand it out if it's not.  It just makes me second guess what I'm doing & different things work for different people.  If I'm losing steadily in a healthy way, praise me & leave it alone!    I take in the info I learn from my Weight Watcher's group & follow the program as it's designed...  Anyhoo, I lost 1.6 pounds this week.  I won't make weigh-in next week because Ronnie has a basketball game, so I'll check in after Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment